- Open to all WPF clubs.
- The two highest placed clubs will be invited to represent the WPF in the relevant PAGB inter club championship. If a club declines the invitation, then the next highest Club is invited. If one of the highest scorers has already pre-qualified the next highest scoring club will be invited as well.
- Judging will be done by 3 experienced judges not affiliated with a WPF club and preferably be from outside the WPF. Clubs will be advised who they are prior to the competition.
- Scoring by each judge will be between 2 and 5.
- The club can have a maximum of 40 PDIs to use within the competition.
- A master list of PDIs using the master sheet provided and a WeTransfer/disc containing all images should be with the CELO at the closing date which will be the third full weekend in January. The competition date will be the third full weekend in February.
- Each image should have a unique file name in the format: 101_ABC_JohnJones_The Fishes. (i.e. Sequence Number_Club Code_Photographer_title) Only 3 underscores should be used.
- The first round of 8 images should be in a folder marked Round 1. A second folder should be included with ALL the images in.
- There will be 2 rounds, followed by the Final and a Plate competition.
- All clubs will enter Rounds 1 and 2 with 8 PDIs from their bank.
- In Round 1 there can be no more than 3 nature images. A photographer can have a maximum of 3 images, and the round should include the work of a minimum of 4 photographers.
- The same rules as in Round 1 apply to Round 2, where all Clubs will enter 8 different PDIs completing the second-round entry form.
- The total scores for round one and two are added together and the top eight clubs (including joint eighth or if the numbers are low all clubs) will take part in the final.
- The final will consist of 20 images per club. The images are to be chosen from the whole image bank, completing the final entry form and giving it to the CELO.
- In the final there must not be more than 10 images from Rounds 1 and 2. A photographer may have a maximum of 4 images. There must not be more than 4 nature images. The round should include the work of a minimum of 5 photographers.
- In the event for a tie for second place in the final, the clubs involved will submit 5 images from their master list. If it is still a tie then they will submit 5 unused images selected from their master list until a result is obtained. A photographer is to have a maximum of 2 images per tie and no more than 2 nature per tie.
- Those clubs who do not make the final will be invited (if sufficient numbers) to take part in the Plate competition, using 8 of their images from the image bank. The completed Plate entry form should be given to the CELO.
- In the Plate there must be no more than 4 images from rounds 1 and 2. A photographer may have a maximum of 2 images. There must be no more than 2 natural history images.
- In the event of a tie in the Plate, the trophy will be shared, each club will have a replica.
- In Nature the WPF will use the PAGB definition to determine the entry. e. if it looks like nature then it is, even though they may not match FIAP rules.
- Awards will be made for Best Monochrome, Best Colour and a personal selection by each judge
- Any images not presented to the judges are available for future competitions.
General Rules – Applicable to all WPF Competitions
- All parts of any image must be produced by a photographic process.
- All elements of images must be the photographer’s own work.
- The photographer must be a member of a WPF affiliated club.
- The Federation has free use of all entries for non-commercial publicity.
- The Federation is able to use entries for National and International competitions.
- The Federation uses topic definitions given by PAGB.
- If an image is accepted/used in a competition it may not be entered in that same competition again.
- By virtue of participation the photographer and club accept all these rules.
Dual/multiple club Membership rules.
The photographer who has dual/multiple membership may represent one club in one competition.
Print Sizes, Printing and Mounting
- Prints should be presented on a board of 50 cm x 40 cm.
- Masking tape is NOT allowed on mounts, only artists framing tape.
- Prints can be home, or trade processed
- PDIs should be no greater than 1600px horizontal x 1200px vertical in jpeg format and will be projected in sRGB colour space.
Duplicate Images in the same competition (previous years are included)
- Images that appear to be the same as a previously accepted image by a specific photographer are unacceptable.
Tenure of Trophies.
- All competitions are for a tenure of 12 months.
- All trophies are to be returned to the CELO 2 weeks before the next competition date (not replicas or individual awards).
Loss or Damage
- Whilst every possible care will be taken of entries whilst in its possession, the Federation cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage.
Right to Display
- The WPF reserve the right not to display an image.
Issue 4 – Published May 2018