Competition Rules for the Memorial Day [Printable Version]
1. Open to all Welsh Federation Clubs.
2. Comprises three competitions: – Past Presidents Trophy; Gwyn Morgan Trophy ; Walter MorganTrophy.
3. Past Presidents Trophy is for 4 Colour Prints the WPF will use Live View to display.
4. Gwyn Morgan Trophy is for a set of 4 Monochrome Prints.
5. Walter Morgan Trophy is for 4 PDIs.
6. Each PDI image should have a unique file name in the format: 101_ABC_JohnJones_The Fishes.
(i.e. Sequence Number_Club Code_Photographer_title) Only 3 underscores should be used.
7. Each competition must have 4 different photographers work (although the same photographer may have work in each section).
8. Once an image has been entered in any of the Memorial Trophies it may not be entered again in the other Trophy competitions in other formats – i.e. if entered as a colour print it cannot be used in later years as a Mono Print or PDI.
9. Judge for the day will be appointed by the Executive Committee and from outside the WPF.
10. Scores will be out of 20 for the Colour and PDI competitions with the highest combined score becoming the winning Club.
11. The Monochrome section will be judged by elimination set by set with the strongest being displayed until eliminated. The final set will belong to the winning Club.
12. Closing date for entries will be the first weekend in January.
13. The competition will be run on the third week in January.
14. Club entry fee will be announced each year.
1. General Rules – Applicable to all WPF Competitions.
1.1. All parts of any image must be produced by a photographic process.
1.2. All elements of images must be the photographer’s own work.
1.3. The photographer must be a member of a WPF affiliated club.
1.4. The Federation has free use of all entries for non-commercial publicity.
1.5. The Federation is able to use entries for National and International competitions.
1.6. The Federation uses topic definitions given by PAGB.
1.7. If an image is accepted/used in a competition it may not be entered in that same competition
1.8. By virtue of participation the photographer and club accept all these rules.
2. Dual/multiple club Membership rules.
2.1. The photographer who has dual/multiple membership may represent one club in one competition.
3. Print Sizes, Printing and Mounting
3.1. Prints should be presented on a board of 50 cm x 40 cm.
3.2. Masking tape is NOT allowed on mounts, only artists framing tape.
3.3. Prints can be home, or trade processed
The Welsh Photographic Federation has benefited from a Lottery Fund award under the Arts Council for Wales ‘Arts for All’ scheme
Visit our website at www.thewpf.co.uk
4. PDI sizes
4.1. PDIs should be no greater than 1600px horizontal x 1200px vertical in jpeg format and will be
projected in sRGB colour space.
5. Duplicate Images in the same competition (previous years are included)
5.1. Images that appear to be the same as a previously accepted image by a specific photographer are
6. Tenure of Trophies.
6.1. All competitions are for a tenure of 12 months.
6.2. All trophies are to be returned to the CELO 2 weeks before the next competition date (not replicas
or individual awards).
7. Loss or Damage
7.1. Whilst every possible care will be taken of entries whilst in its possession, the Federation cannot
accept responsibility for loss or damage.
8. Right to Display
8.1. The WPF reserve the right not to display an image.
Issue A – Published May 2018