Competition Rules for the Memorial Day Printable Version
- Open to all WPF clubs.
- The two highest placed eligible clubs in will be invited to represent the WPF in the relevant PAGB inter club championship. If a club declines the invitation, then the next highest is invited. If one of the highest scorers has already pre-qualified the next highest scoring club will be invited as well.
- Judging will be done by 3 experienced judges not affiliated with a WPF club and preferably be from outside the WPF. Clubs will be advised who they are prior to the competition.
- Scoring by each judge will be between 2 and 5.
- The Closing date for entries will be the third weekend in June and the competition will be held in the first full weekend in July.
- The club can have an unlimited number of prints to use within the competition.
- There will be a first round, followed by the Plate Competition and then the Final.
- All clubs will enter the first round of 12 prints. The details of the initial 12 prints should be with the CELO by the closing date. The top eight clubs (including a joint eighth, or if numbers are low all clubs) will be invited to submit 15 prints (some or all the first 12 prints can be used).
- The list of the 15 prints should be given to the CELO after the judging of the first round.
- Those clubs who do not make the final will be invited (if sufficient numbers) to take part in the Plate competition using 10 of their best prints (a maximum of 7 from the first round).
- The list of the 10 prints should be given to the CELO after the judging of the first round.
- A photographer may only have 4 prints in any round.
- Round 1 and Final must consist of both Monochrome, Colour and a maximum of 3 nature prints.
- The Plate must consist of Monochrome, Colour and a maximum of 2 nature prints.
- Round 1, Final and Plate competitions must have work from a minimum of 5 different photographers.
- In the event of a tie for second the club with the greatest number of highly marked prints will take the highest placing.
- In Nature the WPF will use the PAGB definition to determine the entry, i.e., if it looks like nature then it is, even though they may not match FIAP rules.
- Awards will be made for the Best Colour and Mono and each Judge will make a personal Award.
- Any images not presented to the Judge will be available for future years.
General Rules – Applicable to all WPF Competitions.
- All parts of any image must be produced by a photographic process.
- All elements of images must be the photographer’s own work.
- The photographer must be a member of a WPF affiliated club.
- The Federation has free use of all entries for non-commercial publicity.
- The Federation is able to use entries for National and International competitions.
- The Federation uses topic definitions given by PAGB.
- If an image is accepted/used in a competition it may not be entered in that same competition again.
- By virtue of participation the photographer and club accept all these rules.
Dual/multiple club Membership rules.
- The photographer who has dual/multiple membership may represent one club in one competition.
Print Sizes, Printing and Mounting
- Prints should be presented on a board of 50 cm x 40 cm.
- Masking tape is NOT allowed on mounts, only artists framing tape.
- Prints can be home, or trade processed
- PDIs should be no greater than 1600px horizontal x 1200px vertical in jpeg format and will be projected in sRGB colour space.
- Duplicate Images in the same competition (previous years are included)
- Images that appear to be the same as a previously accepted image by a specific photographer are unacceptable.
Tenure of Trophies.
- All competitions are for a tenure of 12 months.
- All trophies are to be returned to the CELO 2 weeks before the next competition date (not replicas or individual awards).
Loss or Damage
- Whilst every possible care will be taken of entries whilst in its possession, the Federation cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage.
Right to Display
- The WPF reserve the right not to display an image.
Issue 4 – Published May 2018