The assessment of this yearâ€™s AWPF candidates took place at Talbot Green Community Centre on Sunday 5th November 2017. There were 19 entries, 16 print and 3 digital, resulting in 11 successful candidates gaining their AWPF.
Congratulations to the following successful candidates:
- Gillian Mackay AWPF – Tenby C.C. – MAN UP MUDDY WEEKEND
- Roy Peters AWPF – Tenby C.C. – ABANDONED
- Suzanne Donovan AWPF – Caerphilly C.C. – MEGALOPOLIS 2.0
- Christine Tidman AWPF – Gwynfa C.C. – RAGGED VICTORIANS
- Carole Evans AWPF – Morriston C.C. – TOWER
- Michael Hodgson AWPF – LOVE OF FLOWERS
- Sarah Canton AWPF – Wrexham & District P. S. – AT THE WATERS EDGE
- Kenneth Prandy AWPF – Abergavenny C.C. – THE RIO TINTO MINING AREA
- Chris Powell AWPF – Western Valley C.C. – REFUSE TO CONFORM
- Colin Harrison AWPF – Midland Counties P.F. – GOLD KING MINE SCRAPYARD ARIZONA
- Jean M Chadwick AWPF – Llandudno P.S. – ASPECTS OF INDIAN LIFE
The Judges were.
- Allen Lloyd, (Chairman) ARPS. AWPF
- Jenny Hibbert MPAGB, AWPF. EFIAP
- Brian Coleman AWPF. AFIAP
- Leigh Woolford DPAGB. AWPF. EFIAP BPE3*
- Pete McCloskey FRPS. APAGB.
The day was made possible because of the help given by many dedicated people and I would like to thank them all, in particular. The Judges for their detailed critique, our President Cliff Emery for opening the proceedings and presenting the certificates to the successful candidates, John Cooke our past distinctions Officer for his guidance, Jan Cawley for arranging the buffet, Dave Rees, Howard Evans, Ron Lines, Guy Butler-Madden, and Allan Squires.
The standard was very high this year and those less successful candidates, all of which were so close to gaining the award, are recommended to address the constructive comments made by the judges and apply again next year. We hold a workshop in the spring to advise potential applicants on how to construct a successful panel.
Next yearâ€™s Applications for the AWPF, will open at the WPFâ€™sÂ AGM on the 4th March 2018.
The workshop will be in May 2018 and the assessment day will be next November.
Thank you all
David Lewis AWPF (Distinctions Secretary).