We in the WPF thought that 2014 had been a good year for our Distinction day, but it was surpassed by this year’s tremendous turnout and fabulous result.
Some excellent work was presented at Talbot Green Community Centre, which resulted in a higher pass rate than previous years. There were 24 entries, 22 in prints and 2 in PDIs. 19 AWPF awards were made all of these were print panels, resulting in a 79% success rate. Many congratulations to the successful candidates, who were:
- John Bell – Mold CC – Capture The Moment, Oulton Park
- Philip Chadwick – Llandudno PS – 36 Hours In Madurai India
- Matthew Jones – Ebbw Vale CC – Creative Portraits
- Susan Clark – Conway CC – Along and Around Route 66
- Moira Evans – Swansea CC – Dragonflies & Damselflies
- Gary Shinner – Trostre CC – The Science Park (Valencia)
- Jennifer Ellis – Swansea CC – Portraits of Children
- Derek Terry – Western Valley CC – A Day In The Life Of A Farrier
- Adrian Lant – Gwynfa CC – Motor Sport Action
- Angela Deroy-Jones – Gwent PS – Cathedral Interiors
- Linda Bell – Mold CC – Floral Mosaic
- David Bathard – Frome Selwood PS – Everyday People of Northern India
- John Clark – Conway CC – Finding Clues To A Lifestyle
- Johnnie Rogers – Gwent PS – Dyffryn House And Gardens
- Terry Mills – Deudraeth CC – My Generation
- Gareth Jenkins – Dwyfor – Welsh International Rugby
- John Goff – Ar Agor PC – Sections of Abstract Buildings
- Lynne Morris – Wigan 10 PA – Creative Visual Interpretation of Popular Music
- Bill Grey – Morriston CC – Photographing Things of Little Consequence
Those who did not make it on this occasion missed by a very narrow margin and were strongly urged to try again next year.
Several successful candidates commented that the help and advice that they had received at the AWPF Workshop had made all the difference and recommended that anyone considering submitting a panel should attend a workshop first.
I should like to thank everyone who helped to make the day such a success, in particular, Vince Penticost & Eric Williams (Presentation) Guy Butler-Madden & Cliff Emery (Display), Mike Lewis (Catering), Ed Cloutman (Projection)and, of course, our judges, Nick Jenkins (Chairman), Margaret Collis, Jenny Hibbert, David Lingham and Brian Coleman.
I would add that the critique that was given by Nick as the Chairman representing the judges was very constructive, and a great help to anyone who was thinking of applying in the future.
Information on future WPF events relating to distinctions will be released in the New Year.
Many congratulations to all participants.
John Cooke ARPS AWPF DPAGB EFIAP/b (Distinctions Secretary).